Permisküla island - August 1944

Eestlased ning eestlastest koosnevad üksused, relvad, lahingud, varustus, autasud jne jne...
Arensburger
Moderaator
Kontakt:

Postitus Postitas Arensburger »

Jürgen9110 kirjutas:...Do you know, how many men approximately stayed on the island from the "2. Batallion of 6. Grenzschutzregiment"....
Also about battle on the island of Permisküla writing in his book “Suurim Armastus IV” Hamilkar Mengel (1912-1987). He was a kriegsberichter of Estnishe Grenzschutzregimenter in the Div.zbv. 300 at Narwa Front. He knows a lot about battles of Div. zbv. 300 and in Geislingen 1960-1963, about this matter, he wrote four books “Suurim Armastus I-IV”.
In the book IV pages 58- 62 he talking about Permisküla:
3 kompanies of II battalion were located on the island and 4-th on the riverside near the island as reserve. Also headquarters of the battalion was on the island and headquarters of the 6.-th regiment was located close by the river behind the island. At this time II battalion has 100% size, I mean bat. was fully completed.
As Mengel writhing, first the Russians were quite quiet on the other side of the river, but suddenly at one night all island was under extremely heavy fire of the Russian artillery (battalion had casualties). German artillery answered with same and in the morning soldiers of the II battalion saw on the Russian side of the river destroyed rafts, boats and dead bodies of Russians. German artillery discomfit Russian attack to the island.
But some days later Russians did a same. At this time was no German counter fire. All German artillery units and Flak units were removed from this location.
At this time Russian fire was even harder and aircraft was involved. Island was bombed by bombers and attacked with IL2 planes. There were no German fighters, but two IL2 were foaling down to the Estonian side of river. Probably the planes flying with low altitude were injured with friendly fire of Russian heavy artillery.
In the punker of headquarters of battalion was meeting of commanders of companies and in the artillery fire this punker got direct hit and was destroyed completely. Also light bridge connecting island to the west riverside was destroyed. After artillery fire Russians land to the island and battle for island begins. There was no possibility to help troops on the island and finally island was taken by russians. Russians were attacking also across the island to the west side of river, but were destroyed on the west side of river by reserves of 6.-th regiment – 4.kompanie of II bat, stabkompanie of 6.-th regiment, artillery battery of 6.-th regiment and two companies of one Est. pol. Bat.
All men on the island were KIA included commander of the battalion Hauptman Robert-Johannes Perlist and commanders of the companies Lieut. August Sume, Lieut. Eino Avarmaa and Lieut. Juko-Johannes Karjel. Commander of the company in the reserve lieutenant Kukk was also on the island, but he left the island at the beginning of the artillery fire and successfully arrives to his company location.
Finally only 3 defenders of the island manage do swim to the west side of river, all others were killed there.
Last radio contact from the island was: “Commander of the Battalion is fallen. Russians attacking our bunker.”
Pilt
Lieut. Karjel and Lieut. Kukk on the bridge to the Permisküla island before the battle of the Permisküla
Arnold
Liige
Kontakt:

Postitus Postitas Arnold »

Arensburger! Mengel oli muidugi vinge vana, et selle raamatu kokku pani, aga eks ta ole olude ja aja ohver. Kuigi aeg ei tiksunud kirjutajate kahjuks tollal veel sedavõrd kui praegu. Postimehe ajakirjaniku (sic!) stiili üle siin teemas ei poriseks, kuigi võiks.
Asjast. Vastupidiselt Mengeli väitele, oli Karjeli kompanii jõe läänekaldal varus ja Karjel viibis saarel patüli punkris nõupidamisel. Foto, mida näitad, on leitnant Kuke poolt - nagu ka ülejäänud - Karjeli lesele üle antud 60-te alul Rootsis (Mengeli teose ilmumisajaga üsna ühel ajal) ja need on saadud Karjeli punkrist kodupoolselt kaldalt, kust pääsenud Kukk sai ka omale Karjeli vormimütsi, sest tema enda oma "kahevõistluses" ei püsinud omaniku peakuplil. Karjeli lesele on saadetud veel üks lahingu kirjeldus, aga saatja on paraku alla kirjutanud tagasihoidlikult ainult nimede esitähed. Tähtsamad kohad sellest kirjast on: Lennukite pardarelvade tule all suutsid üle jõe tagasi ujuda 30 võitlejat, Karjeli kompanii meeste juttu ei maksa tõepähe võtta, sest nad lasid kohe lahingu alguses tagalasse jalga, peale lahingu lõppu nähti kodukaldalt vangide vedamist paatidega vene poolele ja ruuporitest anti teada, et vange koheldakse sõjaseaduste järgi.
Idapataljonide raamatus, mis paari aasta eest ilmus, pidi olema ka mingi viide Siberis kohatud Permisküla meeste kohta.
Jürgen9110
Uudistaja
Kontakt:

Postitus Postitas Jürgen9110 »

I'm sorry, but I don't understand your posting... :(

Jürgen
Jürgen9110
Uudistaja
Kontakt:

Hi there!

So far I got here in the forum much interesting information about the battle of Permisküla. Now I can imagine much better than before, what happened there on 11 August 1944.
In the 12.of Aug. russians occupied island. Cause the island of Permisküla was good bridgehead for invasion to Estonian side of river, Germans very quickly organized many of good instruments - "Nebelwerfer" and bombed with them island and Russian troops. After that Russians did'nt get next try to have this place.
Does anybody know, on which day German or Estonian forces captured the island back again? And what military units took part at this occupation?

Aitäh!

Jürgen
Arnold
Liige
Kontakt:

[quote]Does anybody know, on which day German or Estonian forces captured the island back again?[/quote]
Your information is wrong. We are captured this island back 1991 :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arnold
Liige
Kontakt:

"I'm sorry, but I don't understand your posting... " - I hope, Arensburger can help you!
Jürgen9110
Uudistaja
Kontakt:

I hope, Arensburger can help you!
Yes, I received a PM from Arensburger with further information about this.
Your information is wrong. We are captured this island back 1991
I obviously misunderstood Charlemagne's posting.
Then probably it was like this: German forces only bombed the island with "Nebelwerfer", so that the Russians had to leave the island. Afterwards the island was davastated completely and offered no more protection for any soldiers. Since then Permisküla was no man's land. Is this correct…?

When did this happen?

Jürgen
Charlemagne
Liige
Kontakt:

Postitus Postitas Charlemagne »

Hi, Jürgen, uns're Tigern rollen wieder 8) !

Sorry, I was'nt long time at computer. And also the book, what I had seek, is lost somewhere. But as I remember...
After Nebelwerfer attack Russians did'nt left island. They are still there :cry: Werferleute did their job perfectly. And after that the island was really no-man-land.
Et notre Parole s'appelle Fidélité !
Jürgen9110
Uudistaja
Kontakt:

Welcome back again, Charlemagne! :D

Do you - or anybody else - know, which German Nebelwerfer unit did this "pefekt job"? Or was it an Estonian one?

Jürgen
andrus
Liige
Kontakt:

Re: Permisküla island - August 1944

Postitus Postitas andrus »

Parem hilja kui mitte keegi.
Permisküla 22.08.1944.jpg
andrus
Liige
Kontakt:

00000017.jpg
00000018.jpg
00000019.jpg
Võetud TsAMO 217/1221/5430 (pamyat-naroda.ru)
andrus
Liige
Kontakt:

00000020.jpg
00000021.jpg
00000022.jpg
andrus
Liige
Kontakt:

00000023.jpg
00000024.jpg
andrus
Liige
Kontakt:

00000025.jpg
00000026.jpg
00000027.jpg
Reigo
Liige
Kontakt:

Postitus Postitas Reigo »

109. laskurdiviisi kaotused Permisküla saare vallutamisel: 58 hukkunut, 334 haavatut (TsAMO 1001-1-48. L 194)
Vasta

Kes on foorumil

Kasutajad foorumit lugemas: Registreeritud kasutajaid pole ja 7 külalist